You may enroll in the Atlantic Packaging Employee Benefits Program if you are a regular, full-time employee working at least 30 hours per week.
If you are eligible for our benefits, then your dependents are, too. In general, eligible dependents include your spouse and children up to age 26. If your child is mentally or physically disabled, coverage may continue beyond age 26 once proof of the ongoing disability is provided. Children may include natural, adopted, step-children and children obtained through court- appointed legal guardianship.
Open Enrollment is August 14 - 21, 2023
This is your once-a-year opportunity to pick your plans or make changes to your existing coverage. The choices you make during Open Enrollment will become effective on October 1, 2023 and remain in effect through September 30, 2024.
When you enroll you can:
- Change your current coverage, if needed
- Enroll in benefits for the first time, if newly hired or newly eligible for benefits
- Update your dependent information
- Update your beneficiary information
Newly hired employees and dependents will be eligible for Atlantic Packaging’s benefits programs the first of the month following 60 days of continuous service. All elections are in effect for the entire plan year and can only be changed during Open Enrollment, unless you experience a family status change event.
Qualifying Life Event
A change in family status is a change in your personal life that may impact your eligibility or dependent’s eligibility for benefits. Certain life events provide you a 30-day window to elect benefits or change your covered dependents.
What is a Qualifying Life Event? If you experience any of the scenarios below, you may be eligible to update your benefit elections mid-year:
- Marriage, divorce, or legal separation
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Commencement or termination of adoption proceedings
- Change in child’s dependent status
- Death of a dependent
- Loss or gain of other health coverage for you and/or dependents
- Change in employment status
- Change in Medicaid/Medicare eligibility for you or a dependent
- Receipt of a Qualified Medical Child Support Order
If such a change occurs, you must make the changes to your benefits within 30 days of the event date. Documentation may be required to verify your change of status.
Failure to request a change of status within 30 days of the event may result in your having to wait until the next open enrollment period to make your change. Please contact HR to make these changes.